Monday, March 10, 2008

Hudson Valley Writers' Center Reading Friday Night

UNMASKED

I drop my torn-paper skin,

my mask of leaves.

Words fall away

one by one,

until I'm a peeled birch,

a burnished skeleton.

Like an uninhabited planet,

my silent face

seeks the sun.

This poem first appeared in Graphic Poetry: A Wig-01 Project, an anthology of art and poetry collaborations, edited by Andrew Townsend and James Warfield of Wig-01, and published by Victionary. Each poem's text became part of an illustrated two-page spread.

I'll be reading this Friday at The Hudson Valley Writers' Center in Sleepy Hollow, NY.

Slapering Hol Press Presents Second Fridays Cafe
at The Hudson Valley Writers' Center
Featuring poets Joshua Mehigan, Marc Straus and Christine Boyka Kluge
Friday, March 14, 2008
at 7:30 PM
Reading, Reception and Book Signing

I hope to see you there!

For directions and more detailed author information, visit the HVWC Web site.
Scroll down for Baby Muse...

3 comments:

Pam said...

Ooh! I can't get there, darn. Break a line Chris...you're reading in great company.

Ana Manga said...

Dear poet,

I'm sorry for the abrupt approach (damn this constant hurry), but here it is: I'm doing a PhD in digital poetics, specifically on blog writing by women. I research in Loughborough University (UK) and I just - finally - finished my selection of blogs. Yours will be one of them, if you don't object. I'm trying to collect some biographic information on the bloggers. Can you please tell me where you're from?

I know it’ll be an interesting – to say the least – to analyze works that are under construction, on the go, being processed, and mostly, to analyze authors that not only are alive, but are “close” and can see me. But that’s the proposal, and I believe it to be a rich one.

I just created a blog to organize the links and keep contact with the writers. Check it out, if you may: www.electracult.blogspot.com. There you can see the list of blogs I'm going to be analyzing during the next 2 years, and you'll find yourself amongst them. Right now I'm drowning in deadlines, but I will very soon update it. Lets keep in touch through our blogs, shall we?

P.S.: This message was forwarded to 8 bloggers.

Christine said...

Hello...thanks for your interest. I'm not sure I totally follow what your project will be. You may reach me through the contact e-mail on the blog. I wish you well!