Sunday, August 10, 2008

Center of the Web

About an hour ago I went outside to check on the spider waiting at the center of her/his web. The web is suspended between the hanging red impatiens and the peach begonias. As soon as I opened the entryway door, the spider raced under the rim of the flower pot and hid. I stood there until she/he emerged and returned to the web's center. I wasn't sure if the picture would turn out in the dark, but the flash illuminated the web's intricate silvery pattern and the bristly legs of the spider. Patience.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your poetry is the loveliest thing. You remember me writing to you a long time back? 100hands.net?

Pam said...

Chris...terrific! I'm thinking of Charlotte of course.

Christine said...

Yes, I remember. Thanks so much for your kind words over time.

Christine said...

Thanks, Pam. Ah, Charlotte: "Radiant."

Admin said...

that's AMAZING!!!!

Christine said...

Thanks so much.