Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nature's Infinite Book of Secrecy

In nature's infinite book of secrecy
A little I can read.

-- William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Antony and Cleopatra (Act I, Scene ii.)
The Soothsayer's words

Apparently, I keep reading the same passages over and over in nature's infinite book. Every summer I take countless photos of the wine berries on my road, gorgeous in color and texture at every stage of development. I never tire of those multi-hued jewels that emerge from the purple-whiskered casings. I keep coming back to the crimson, orange and chartreuse of the ripening berries, glittering against the green foliage.

The picture was taken on the 4th of July this year, uphill from my house. Click on the photo to enlarge the image.

4 comments:

C.M. Mayo said...

Gorgeous!!

Christine said...

Why thank you ... the wine berries are beauteous, but coming to an end now.

Deborah Batterman said...

And I'm ever so thankful for the way those secrets reveal themselves.

Christine said...

Bit by bit, the truth always reveals itself! In this case, the beauty unfolds. Now the berries have left behind orange stars.